Healthy Eating for Successful Living
The Healthy Eating program is a 6 week nutrition educational and support program. The focus is to encourage participants to understand and implement eating and activity behaviors that support heart and bone health.
Workshops sessions are 2 hours each for six consecutive weeks.
- Week 1: Introduction to MyPlate, Label Reading, Portion Control, & Exercise
- Week 2: Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, Water & Exercise
- Week 3: Protein, Diary, & Exercise
- Week 4: Fats, Oils, Sweets, & Exercise
- Week 5: Applying our Skills –Virtual Grocery Shopping
- Week 6: Putting it ALL together –Meal Prep and Potluck
- Increased knowledge about enhancing heart and bone health through healthy diet choices and physical activity
- Improvement in nutrition life-styles of older adults through peer-led behavior change
- Development of goal setting and problem solving skills related to common nutirion self-management issues
- Understanding and knowledge of available community resources
If you are interested in learning more about the Healthy Eating program, becoming a trained program leader or bringing Healthy Eating workshops to your organization, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This program supported by grant funding from the Grace H. Osborn Endowment